Types of data we collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables the Vertikal6 to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. Vertikal6 Sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, seeking a quote for products and/or services, registering for a Vertikal6 event or program, purchasing Vertikal6 products or services, or otherwise interacting with Vertikal6.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our customers)
- Government-issued identification numbers (e.g., social security numbers, national identification numbers and tax identification numbers), for example from employees and independent contractors, but not from customers unless Vertikal6 makes payments to customers such as refunds.
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
- Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers, credit reports, passwords and PIN numbers) for product sales or employment purposes
Vertikal6 also receives Personal Data from third parties for the Vertikal6’s use in marketing to potential new customers.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, pages accessed, time spent on each page, date/time stamp, time on Site, your comments or questions left on the site)
- Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
- Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
Why and how we collect your data
Vertikal6, collects your data and information:
- To gather information about issues you are having so we can support you.
- To find out what is important to you so we can serve you better and target the most relevant products and services for our customers.
- To determine effectiveness of our website.
- So we can send you marketing emails
How Vertikal6 collects your data and information:
- web forms
- registration for an event or course
- newsletter sign-up
- to place an order
- inbound email
How we use your data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
Identify you when you visit our Sites
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations and customer service messages
- Provide products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver Vertikal6 products and services
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We or other third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by Vertikal6, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
How we share your data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., Vertikal6 contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services).
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect Vertikal6 in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Vertikal6; (b) protect and defend Vertikal6’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of Vertikal6 personnel or customers or the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Share data with third parties if Vertikal6 and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if the Vertikal6 undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise; information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
- Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally (e.g., business software solutions or customer product discounts). Users can request their information to be removed from such lists by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Share data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
- Share your email address, but only as permitted by Vertikal6 Email Policy, as follows:
Your email address will be used only by Vertikal6, its entities and Vertikal6 vendors performing customer services, or offering products on Vertikal6’s behalf. Vertikal6 does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside Vertikal6, nor does Vertikal6 share email addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or Vertikal6 customers. Vertikal6 also shares your email address with third parties to enable Vertikal6 to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, Vertikal6 shares email addresses with third parties as necessary for Vertikal6 to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
How you can manage the processing of your data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from the Vertikal6, you can contact us and request to have your name and address removed from the list we provide to third parties. For California residents, please consult the “California Privacy Rights” section for additional considerations.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products or customer sign-up/renewal), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
California privacy rights
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 18.
How we protect personal data
Vertikal6 implements commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. We restrict access to Personal Data to certain companies who need the data to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
User ID and password
Certain areas of the Sites require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your Personal Data. To help you protect your privacy, these Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
Linking to other websites
How you can access, change and delete your personal data
Cookies and other web devices
For information about privacy as it relates to Google services, please visit: policies.google.com/privacy
For information about privacy as it relates to Hubspot services, please visit: legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
Transmission of data to other countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
Right to complain to supervisory authority
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Customer State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
30 Service Avenue
Warwick, RI 02886
Webmaster contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org